Thursday, September 3, 2009

love

I've been holding back my love.
What is it Rose?
Just that. I've been holding back.
Oh. Ok. What do you have to say?
Where I've been and why I can't just tell you.
Why don't you just say it?
Because you would think the worst. Despite this, it does come from the very best of me.
Yes. I think I understand. So tell.
With each lover I wanted something better.
That's it? We all wanted this.
I think so. I understand but I believe my experience to be exceptional.
You're arrogant. But I love you.
We are mostly arrogant, most of us.
So we are the same then?
Yes. So with each lover I wanted something better.
OK, why are you telling me this?
I think maybe because I'm confused.
Well then, unburden yourself boy.
Confessionals?
Something like this.
When I left Buttercup I was torn up, I wanted her love so badly.
You're impatient.
Yes, but this love required reciprocation.
And what if you're wrong? A myth. A sad reveler. Weak.
Then I die that thing. That's the risk.
Sad.
You think?
I think you are justifying yourself.
But God screams at me. I've got stories and those hit me like a bag of bricks. Those twirl in motion.
But you leave a wake.
Waves settle.
But you cause pain to others.
Pain results in reaction. You do it too.
This is not about me.
I see. So I cause pain?
Yes.
Convenient.
Not so much.
(silence)
Rose?
Yes.
Will you want me after this.
I think so.
OK.
(pause) Do you hear this music?
Yes honey, I hear it.
What do you hear?
Soft chords, more.
I hear the lyrics above them.
What are they?
They say I want you but you are a distant beast and I am a beast.
Sounds campy, swooning.
Maybe...
But maybe sincere.
I love you.
I love you too.

And in that soft moment I thought of her soft belly and her soft desires and everything that I so fully loved and walked out on. That IS rumination says Frank. That's the very definition of it.
Thought about the past is rumination?
Uh, yes.
How do I stop it?
Think now.
Think now?
yes.
I'll try.
(silence)
Pain will help.
(silence)
I'll try.
Don't try. Just go.
I see.
Maybe.
Maybe.

1 comment:

Sterz said...

jus-be the man who you are and everything will fall in place