Monday, March 8, 2010

Last I checked I woke up in America

Almost everything is dangerous. I think the ones who live safely away believe that my kind of travel is just plain stupid. Maybe it is but with each terrible battle comes something - if not enlightenment then a lesson. Even Big B would say so - tucked away as he is in Oregon after belting his lady boss for layin on a thick verbal punishment a few years back. (You ll have to read back a ways for that one.) (BTW, as an aside, coffee was spilled all over this keyboard by accident and all was regained save for the quote key - the one just to the left of the enter key). So as I was sayin, to continue from last post, Glassboy has guns. Naturally. This allows all men passage or so all men think. Guns. Stupid. Not the guns but the passage they think it buys. (quote)Last I checked I woke up in America(close quote) was the phrase I heard uttered behind paper thin walls a few months back when I had first realized that this cigar smoking thing was more than a birthday gig but a new lifelong daily habit and reported it after several attempts to intervene. Innocent enough except for the inconvenience to everyone else. Still, in the Bughouse, I was minority and always would be. So, in my eyes worth it, though I know how this would play out before it even started, impossible and without relent. What else would there be to lose - if life gives you lemons, etc. Strangely enough posted just between the thin wall to my new enemy and me I pinned a letter from my father, a valentines day card. My own pops who had it out with me on numerous occasions in typical unrelenting Italian fashion takes the time to send a card every year which I place aside usually not thinking the effort is the ease. This one said, (Quote)To a Son who I am proud of for all you are and all you do(close quote). I stared at it, then through it, then at it pinned like an angel to the wall, feeling the anger and call to action from Glassboy s antics beyond. And I stood staring awaiting word choking back sentiment and the urge to weep for the writing on the wall. To my left lay Faf and my girl - weakened by the intensity but hangin on. (quote)What a miserably thing(close quote) and then I did weep but quiet and quick before I sat down to write it.

1 comment:

economywine said...

Terrible truths... beautiful in their way.